Blurb

This blog follows my journey from NYC to Seattle through the woods and over the mountains to the west coast I go!

header pic

header pic

Monday, August 15, 2016

Welcome to Edmonds

My move to Edmonds went great today! Eco Movers did an awesome job. The only thing that didn't go well was my sofa cushion lost a button. But all the furniture made it without a scratch!

The day began with me intercepting a cable guy to pick up my equipment as I was waiting for the movers (score!). Then Rocco and I just walked around by the truck as the mover loaded up all of my things. When I first saw the truck, I told the movers, "will all of my stuff fit?!" I was really doubtful. Yet it ended up only filling 3/4 of the truck with how the skilled moving men did their Tetris best with my stuff.

Rocco and I hopped into the Tiguan and drove to our new apartment! It was about 25 minutes straight up highway 99. No big deal.

At the lease signing, I discovered that I didn't have to pay the $400 pet deposit because Rocco is an ESA (therapy dog!). 

Since I couldn't unpack without music, my first item of business was ripping open the box from Comcast and installing my internet and cable tv. The technical rockstar that I am, I got both up and running within 45 minutes. I felt hugely accomplished after this and didn't feel like unpacking boxes just yet.

But alas, where were my garbage bags? So I started to unpack. I got through 20 of the plastic Eco bins. I pretty much got the kitchen done, which is apparently the very worst part of moving!

Rocco very much enjoys the sliding glass door. He loves sitting right in front of it and seems pleased with the chirping birds and sunshine.


At-a-glance...

The Good:
-Love the balcony and having a full size dishwasher 
-there is so much damn closet space! I have 3 closets and one is the entire length of the bedroom. Rocco has his own closet. 
-There are birds living in the trees right outside near my balcony.
-The air smells great!
-Garbage disposal. I've never had one before!
-Lots of storage space in the kitchen.
-There are so many outlets! All over the place! Outlets!!! 
-Plenty of green space around for Rocco to enjoy on our walks 
-A pool (not sure I'll use it though!)
-View of the cascade mountains from my deck
-8 minutes away from a Trader Joes and LA Fitness 
-Can walk to a bar (have yet to check it out) and a pancake house


The Not so Good:
-The cabinets lack the modern handles like what I saw in the model apartment. My inner designer is pouting.
-My microwave is white and doesn't match the black appliances.
-Making a left turn across 4 lanes of traffic on highway 99. 
-Doing laundry requires me to put cash on a card thing in the leasing office. 

Clearly there are lots more good things thus far! 

After a hard day's work I'm now having dinner at this cool place called Hop Jack's up the road. It is all bar food with friendly people and an interesting logo (apparently it's hops and not marijuana; I asked!). There is even a Pokemon gym here :)

No comments: