Blurb

This blog follows my journey from NYC to Seattle through the woods and over the mountains to the west coast I go!

header pic

header pic

Friday, August 19, 2016

Spider Problems

So far I've killed two spiders in my new apartment. Both in the bedroom :o One was so big and on the ceiling that I used a swiffer to smash it. It fell to the carpet and I grabbed some tissue paper and swiftly crushed it again and ran to the toilet with it. The spider was an orange color. Frightening. I actually have arachnophobia so it has been a very big ordeal for me. 

After an hour searching on Amazon, I couldn't find a good spider vacuum. There seems to only be two models and one doesn't have enough suction and the other one doesn't have good reviews/might let the spiders crawl out. 

In the meantime, I concocted a spray with eucalyptus essential oil and doused the carpets, as I read that spiders don't like mint-type fragrance. 

Perhaps another trip to the Home Depot is in order for tomorrow. If I'm ever able to fall asleep in this room again. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to my teenage years when a giant spider appeared on my pillow on my waterbed one night. Despite it being a large room with lots of privacy and a badass water bed, I refused to sleep in that room from then on and moved to the tiny guest room upstairs. I really, really don't like spiders. 

Note to self: make friends with a neighbor who would be okay with me knocking on their door late at night to help kill a spider. Or maybe spiders warrant a call to the property maintenance people? 

No comments: