Blurb

This blog follows my journey from NYC to Seattle through the woods and over the mountains to the west coast I go!

header pic

header pic

Monday, September 5, 2016

Bumbershoot

So I decided to go to bumbershoot at the last minute yesterday because I found out Billy Idol was playing :)

Pretty much every girl was wearing too-short denim cut-offs and sneakers. It was like the bumbershoot uniform! Lots of young people, but some middle-age as well (omg I think that's me?). 

There were lots of little food stands and adequate beer&wine except when they ran out of rosé! For lunch I grabbed some poké. 

I ended up seeing a pretty fun range of bands...

The Pink Slips - kind of like no doubt meets nirvana. Raw energy and fun.

The Flavr Blue - from Seattle, kind of uptempo chill with vocals. They did a cover of nirvana that sounded awesome. 

Margo Price - I knew of her from country radio and it was a nice surprise to see her live. 

Maren Morris - Another country artist I recognized. She is unexpectedly petite! Like 4'11, super tiny, but big vocals. 

In retrospect, I should have been at the fisher green stage before third eye blind to secure a good spot for Billy Idol because most ppl ended up staying. I still got a good position close to the stage, maybe like seven rows of people in front of me. 

Billy Idol was electric. Seriously, this guy is an amazing performer. His guitarist, Steve Stevens, is pretty badass as well. 
I shouted out my fav song, Don't Need a Gun, early on in the show like a lunatic. Luckily for me, Idol ended up doing this song and I was ecstatic! Excellent show. People were still yelling at the end so Billy came back out and did two encores... Amazing! 






No comments: